M&A Graduate (Sept 2017)
BDO. Because relationships matter.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, the world’s fifth largest global accountancy network, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
Being at BDO is personally as well as professionally fulfilling. Relationships matter, and we have a friendly and inclusive culture built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
As an Executive, you will be required to use your previous experience and work closely with, and support, senior members within the team and assist in the timely delivery of services. You will gain understanding and experience in the field of corporate finance, involving public and private companies, owner-managed businesses and private equity houses. You will also develop knowledge of different sectors.
Business Area Overview
- Support advisory projects on the sell-side.
- Support the corporate finance team in the performance of 'hands on' field work.
- Prepare reports, information memoranda and documents using Word and PowerPoint
- Prepare financial models using Excel
- Deliver high quality working papers and reports to specified deadlines.
- Provide clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes and controls.
- Support sales and marketing activities.
- Seek and take action on feedback.
In line with our 2017 Trainee Programme entry requirements for our Graduate Programme candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline
- 3 A levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects.
- A* - C at GCSE in Maths & English Language.