Finance NextGen Graduate
Finance NextGen Graduate
Airbus Defence & Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Do you want to offer a unique value management perspective to enable growth and development in the business environment? Finance in Airbus Defence and Space is a driven and diverse team, working hand-in-hand with the business, and acting as a supportive and evolving community.
Together as one integrated Finance Team, our ambition is to actively contribute to the financial performance and success of Airbus by delivering outstanding results and with our graduate opportunity you could be part of this!
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function and the wider business. This, along with the training provided, and combined with your own personal commitment works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
Tasks & accountabilities
We offer a ‘Finance NextGen’ development journey within a truly international environment, with rotations available in Europe and beyond and the chance to build your network across a broad spectrum of the business. In this role you can expect to;
- Act as a Business Partner, supporting local Finance Management and Operational Management by providing inputs on all economic and financial aspects of projects
- Deliver full financial reporting of Project Work Packages for the projects in their domain across the Space division
- Support other controllers in analysis, investigations, data automation and adhoc requests
- Contribute to transnational harmonisation projects and drive common ways of working
- Hold regular cost reviews with Work Package Managers to capture Cost To Complete e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Assembly, Integration & Test.
- Take into account resourcing requirements and supporting the forecasting of manpower requirements by work package
- Work alongside your projects to ensure on time financial milestone achievement & ensure the necessary process is followed.
- Conduct analysis of project key risks & opportunities.
- Deliver quarterly tracking of major project non-quality events for communication to Senior Management.
- Work closely with the Finance team to support the consolidation of the overall program financials.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following;
- At a minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Finance, Business, International Business, Psychology, Economics, Science or related subject
- A qualification at grade B or above in an additional language, ideally French, German or Spanish but others will be considered.
- High MS Excel, computer and numerate literacy
- Critical thinking with the ability to negotiate and influence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be proactive and comfortable working in an autonomous way
- Strong team focus and service delivery orientated
This role will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000. Learning support towards CIMA professional finance qualifications are also a possibility.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017