Graduate Civil Engineer
Graduate Civil Engineer (Environmental, Coastal, hydraulics or Water Management)
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory company pension
- Standard Capita Benefits
Employment type: Full time
Capita is looking for a motivated Graduate to join a mix of projects in the North of England helping to manage and implement flood defences.
You will have a MEng, MSc or BEng in Civil Engineering with an interest in Environmental, Coastal, hydraulics or Water management from a UK University.
You will either be a fresh graduate or 1 year experience in a relevant field i.e. water industry or environmental sector. This is a role focused on Water management and infrastructure projects so you will have a genuine interest in these Engineering sectors. It is a great benefit if you also have a valid driving licence.
Full job details:
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Graduate Civil Engineer to help us grow the team. As part of your role you will provide technical expertise in the delivery on a wide variety of Flood and water management projects from inception to contractor handover. Your responsibilities will involve asset assessment & management plans as well as the design of civil engineering works and site supervision.
You will have the opportunity to take ownership in the delivery of a range of technical work, reporting to senior members of the team and driving our best practice, technical excellence and innovation. You will also be mentored in your professional development in order to work towards chartership with the relevant institution (ICE/IStructE/CIWEM).
As the successful candidate, you will hold a MSc or MEng or BEng in a related Engineering field with experience in civil, structural or hydraulic engineering (minimum 2:1 grade expected/achieved). You may be required to drive on behalf of the company from time to time to visit clients/sites etc. and therefore a valid UK driving licence would be an advantage. We also provide development and mentorship towards Chartership for motivated Engineers.
You will specific be involved in:
- Hydraulic analysis including weirs and gates discharge capacity; hydraulic jump; scour protection etc.
- Coastal processes and technical solutions
- Economic analysis, including cost/benefit analysis;
- Design of flood defences; such as retaining walls; earth embankments; soft engineering solutions; flood gates etc.
- Understanding of Water Framework Directive
- Site supervision
Your experience will include:
- A robust understanding of civil engineering principles and their practical application with particular knowledge in the water environment
- Experience in the analysis and design of civil engineering structures
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Ability to manage your own time when working on technical matters
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
What’s in it for you:
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day’s holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.