Graduate IT Solution Architect
Graduate IT Solution Architect
Airbus Defence & Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you creative and innovative?
Are you customer and solution oriented?
Are you prepared to re-think Information Management?
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided, ensures you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
It is an exciting time to join the Information Management (IM) Team! IM is the Information Technology (IT) business enabler and unique IM Business Partner for Airbus Defence and Space.
As a central function, IM is involved in all business processes and enables technical as well as management careers. IM covers a wide range of state-of-the-art technologies and positions ranging from IT infrastructure, application support to governance or strategic consultancy. IM offers the best conditions for a successful career in an advanced and forward-looking environment.
Working in IM means living and breathing the global trends such as digitalization, innovation and new ways of working.
Tasks & accountabilities
As a graduate joining the Airbus Defence and Space Information Management team you will have the opportunity to discover how Information Technology enables Engineering, Operations and Management functions and contribute to the teams who are delivering world leading technologies.
Within this role there are opportunities to;
- Work and build your network within broad business areas
- Take project ownership, managing contracts and creating solutions
- Support business operations, identifying IT needs and prioritizing the IM development.
You will develop your business and technical expertise by working alongside our expert delivery teams for:
- CAD and Engineering tools
- Product Lifecycle Management, Enterprise Resource Planning and MRP
- Functional Architecture and System and Software Engineering tools
- Collaboration, unified communications and messaging
- Cloud, virtualisation, hosting and data centres
- Networks architecture, performance and tuning including Wi-Fi and Mobile
- Cyber security
- End user support and devices management
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following;
- At a minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent in one of the following: Information Technology, ICT, Business Management, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related subject.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Investigative aptitude and ability to synthesize
- Proactive and comfortable working in an autonomous way
- Strong team focus and service delivery orientated
This role will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 17th November 2017.