Junior Designer – ASOS Magazine
What you'll be doing...
- Assisting Art Director with design & production of Magazine across all territories UK/US/FR/DE
- Developing creative & innovative layouts that connect with the ASOS Magazine reader and encourage a positive response.
- An ability to adapt design content across digital platforms.
- Pursuing multiple approaches to design solutions – explore all options in order to arrive at best outcome
- Working with Creative, Fashion, Retail & Marketing departments on Magazine and other ASOS projects
- Research and development of ideas & preparation for still life concepts when necessary
- Translating the design of the UK issue into French, German, US editions and laying out all pages
- Prepping for issue theme meetings and project meetings
- Working with social and paid social teams to socialise the magazine
- Contribute to initial research into issue theme & mood board
- Collaborating with site creative team and commercial team on ads, advertorials and house ads
- Working on digital presentations for Mag senior team
- Prepping artwork and connecting for events
- Being responsible for admin tasks on Art desk
- Keeping up to date with magazine design and design in general. Exploring & researching ideas that can be incorporated into magazine.
- Prepping for kick off meetings
- Collaborating with features team on concepts and treatments
- Research & knowledge of relevant illustrators/creatives for potential use in the magazine/elsewhere
- Collecting and sending back proofs to repro house
- Liaising with Production Editor in order to make sure magazine book for all editions is updated with most recent version of pages
- Keeping the Art Director & wider team updated daily on progress.
- Marking up proofs for repro under Art Director
- Liaising with retouchers & print manager where necessary.
- Consider how to make design relevant to the key theme of each issue and wider cultural and trend moments
- Collaborating with ASOS wider team on features or projects, making sure Art director is continually updated with progress
We'd like to meet...
- Magazine/print design experience
- Digital design experience
- Background in design – this could be academic or through internships/experience in relevant area.
- Evidence of understanding of target audience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Indesign, Photoshop & Illustrator.
- A passion for and understanding of magazine design and print design in general is essential.
- Bursting with creativity and original ideas.
- Able to receive constructive feedback and react in a positive, proactive way.
- Attention to detail.
- Fantastic research skills.
- Excellent organisational skills & time management
- Great communication skills both within team and with external clients.
- Collaborative, team player able to multi-task
- Self-motivated and highly proactive in approach to all areas of job.
- Great use of time between magazine production high points.
Success looks like:
- Maintaining the high standards we aim for.
- Ensuring the Art Department runs smoothly
- Your layouts and design ideas appear in each issue of the magazine
- Your contributions and collaborations with other departments come to life
- Recognition for your work internally and in reactions on social and in design world
- Ensuring the magazine hits deadline
- Ensuring the production of each territory issue runs smoothly
What’s in it for you…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more…