Market Research Intern
Market Research Intern
NRG is a market research consultancy that provides actionable insights for entertainment companies across the world. NRG’s data-driven services have been utilized by movie studios for nearly 40 years, marking the firm as the clear industry leader in Hollywood’s market research industry. Our consultants have experience working across all entertainment industries, including gaming, TV, and sports, and in industries as varied as politics and higher education. Our business is driven by creative, curious and inventive people who have a deep passion for pop culture and storytelling. We work as a collective across disciplines, methodologies and geographies to bring together the best teams and thinking for every assignment, bringing insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
· Start Date: September, 2017 (date is flexible).
· Number of open positions: 1.
· Commitment: at least 2 days per week (16-30 hours); term is negotiable, but 10 weeks is preferable.
· Location: NRG’s London Office.
· Compensation: Hourly rate shown belowYear 25 and over 21 to 24 18 to 20 Under 18 April 2017 £7.50 £7.05 £5.60 £4.05
· Deadline for applications: Friday, August 11th, 2017.
Learning Objectives/Expected Development
· General Film Marketing Knowledge – by participating in various research projects and interfacing with members of the NRG team, the intern will develop fundamental knowledge of the way films are marketed as well as the research which informs the marketing.
· Report and Data Creation – By contributing to analysis for various projects, the intern will be exposed to the tasks and deliverables of a Research Analyst. Once these skills are honed, the intern will analyze multiple reports with access to online tools utilizing the MS Office suite of tools.
· Project Management/Leadership – By assisting analysts on reports, the intern will participate in the cyclical nature of project management for these small-scope projects. This includes developing/proofing surveys, collecting/analyzing data, summarizing in a report, and incorporating internal and client feedback.
- Collaborate in market research studies for motion pictures, with a strong focus on tracking product development, but potentially including other product lines such as brand studies, creative testing, messaging/positioning evaluation, and market segmentations.
- Assist Analysts in pulling, reviewing, coding and organizing critical data.
- Work on social intelligence insight generation.
- Be an integral part of product development work, including visual communication and data analysis.
- Potential interview and career-search training.
- Potential to attend off-site recruited audience screening(s).
- Internally-motivated self-starter who continuously strives to get things done, regardless of challenges encountered.
- Critical thinker, able to understand and respond to complex questions from clients to aid in the development of research plans.
- Successfully manages time and multiple competing priorities in order to ensure deadlines are always met.
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively and/or initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal oversight.
- Passion for research and flexibility to work on custom projects outside of the area of specialization.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Strong visual communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Tableau knowledge not essential but desirable.
- Knowledge of social media business and trends a plus.
· 1+ year(s) of relevant coursework and/or experience working in quantitative or qualitative research, entertainment/film studies, consumer insights, consumer research, or in analysis/strategy.
· Candidates must be actively working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree and must be eligible to work in the UK. Graduates may qualify if they have finished school no more than six months before the start of the internship.
· Candidates with a focus in a business, marketing or social science field, or one with an emphasis on statistics or quantitative research methodologies preferred.
· Strong interest in motion pictures and the international entertainment industry is a requirement.
This internship operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Application Materials:
· University Transcript (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
· Cover Letter which should include:
o Why do you want to work at NRG?
o Why are you interested in motion pictures and the entertainment industry?