£24,000 - £27,000 a year
Nomad Foods’ is a global Food company operating in 13 European Marketing Unit (MU) locations servicing all markets in which Nomad Foods plays under the Birds Eye, Iglo and Findus brands.
The Birds Eye Marketing Team, operating in the UK, work in close collaboration with cross functional Sales, Finance and Supply Chain Teams to deliver c£400m net sales. The overall accountability of the Marketing team is to develop commercially viable opportunities that will drive both top line growth and profitability.
This is an exciting time to join Birds Eye thanks to the success the brand is having in market and the strong Marketing plan in place. The Marketing Graduate will have the opportunity to work on Fish Fingers, the most iconic part of our portfolio with strong heritage and a powerful Brand character (Captain’s Birds Eye) which is now back at the centre of our Communication strategy.
The Marketing Graduate will support Fish Fingers SBM and more in general the overall Fish Team to deliver the in year execution as well as supporting 2018 Plan implementation.
The Marketing Graduate will be tasked to help in uncovering insights for the marketing team and give financial and performance reporting support. This includes producing and sourcing marketing support materials for sell ins, particularly packaging artwork.
This role would suit a graduate who has an interest in Marketing, but is open to cross-functional moves to other departments to broaden his/her own experience and skills.
The breadth of the role provides an opportunity to learn the basics of FMCG marketing through exposure to projects across the entire marketing mix from ATL, BTL and NPD.
The job holder will be involved in diverse strategic projects across the whole Fish marketing team but will also have to support the team with budget and administration tasks on an adhoc basis.
Building knowledge to win
- Understands qualitative and quantitative research projects to ensure deep understanding of consumer needs prioritising actionable insights for the market that support and inform business strategy
- Understand drivers of growth within the market to inform the brand strategy
- Working with finance and trade marketing to apply controls to consistently track and improve commercial performance including understanding the performance of local promotional / in-store interventions, along with monitoring competitor business and portfolios.
- Track key performance measures for the brand, monitor & evaluate plans against targets and objectives
Developing successful innovation
- Understand customer strategies, category and shopper insights to support innovation projects through the development of customer sell-in material
- Build relationships beyond immediate team with other categories in order to learn from others’ experiences and leverage best practice, and getting involved with cross-market / cross-category projects as required
- Help SBM in the implementation of in year plan
Developing great integrated communications
- Understands the key elements of a clear brief for integrated communications planning and media choices.
- Understanding of the development of impactful and integrated activation plan which optimises the marketing mix across key touch-points
- Understands the role of different channels including traditional and digital media including the basic media metrics
- Understand the benefit in consistent application of a communications idea and the benefit of strong and timely integrated communication
Creating in-store excellence
- Monitor on-going range business performance – identify opportunities and supports range optimisation, ensuring relevant minimisation of “tail”, minimisation of pack and product write-offs.
- Understands the packaging briefing process and is involved in the development of packaging with presence for in market execution.
- Aware of the differences between consumer and shopper and understand the role of the shopper in brand plan.
- Aware of key trade relationships working alongside sales and trade marketing teams to understand factors influencing the brand and shopper journey in-store
Leading teams to success
- Show enthusiasm to develop new skills and demonstrate the willingness to stretch beyond expectations
- Understand the role and the deliverables that contribute to the business vision
- Gain self-understanding through feedback
Develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, to support the delivery of effective Marketing and Communications activity including:
- HQ Sales teams and instore retail support agency
- Insights team and data agencies
- Supply Chain
- PR and Digital agencies (if required)
- Customer Call-line
- Digital Marketing Manager
- AW Coordinator
- Central Marketing Team
Marketing Functional Skills
- Understands the core needs of the Customer and Consumer
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- Communications –creative & media
- Packaging design & production
- Promotional activity
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload.
- Understanding of analytical data to provide reports and insight.
- Understanding the importance of Deadlines
- Apply common sense
- Demonstrate resilience
- High energy
- Being able to act fast
- Love Birds Eye brand
- Always striving
- Being accountable
- Being cost conscious
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit
- Being ambitious & humble at the same time
- Bold delivery
- Best development
- Impact & Influence
- Change Agent
Qualifications/ Previous Experience:
- 1 or above degree in any discipline, Marketing degree preferred but not essential
- This role would suit an ambitious, dedicated graduate with strong analytical and communication skills who has a passion for learning.
- Interest in FMCG
- Prior exposure to consumer marketing or a commercial role in an FMCG business with retail customers is desirable.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of consumers and of retail customers/channels.
- Likely to have worked with cross-functional teams (internal and external).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,000.00 to £27,000.00 /year