Optoma Europe Ltd is a world leading designer and manufacturer of award-winning projectors. Our busy on-site Service Centre is responsible for the repair of up to 500 units a month covering more than 70 different models of projector and portable audio accessories.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, the purpose of this role is to provide essential repair work to returned items.
- Testing projectors to check functionality to original manufacturer’s specification.
- Testing portable audio devices (earphones, amps & speakers) for functionality.
- Testing, diagnosing and repairing of projectors to module level.
- Performing final tests to repaired units in dark room environments.
- Perform large volume reworks to correct batch issues, if and when they are identified.
- Perform software and firmware upgrades to projectors, as and when necessary.
- Careful internal and external cleaning of repaired projectors to ensure they look like new.
- Maintaining accurate and current maintenance records (data entry) into our computer tracking system.
- Excellent and Logical troubleshooting capability.
- Good eye for fault finding
- Manual dexterity to disassemble (and re-assemble) small modules within projectors.
- Excellent eyesight and good attention to detail.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- A keen eye to spot and identify projected image defects.
- Extensive operational knowledge of consumer electronics, such as computers, mobile phones, televisions, Blu-ray, projectors, audio equipment, etc.
- Experience in disassembly and repair of any of the above.
- Strong computer skills such as Email, Word, Excel, software downloads, etc.
- A-level standard or equivalent with experience in a related field performing a similar function.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Happy to work individually or as part of a team.
- Flexible attitude towards work – happy to perform repetitive simple tasks or get stuck into complex technical situations.
- Desire to perform with high standards to achieve maximum Customer satisfaction.
The work can be challenging due to quick turnaround of repairs. On the job training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Please note that we are currently based in Watford however our offices will be relocating to Hemel Hempstead as of Aug 2017