Job Title:Strategy Lead - Paddington
Location:London, United Kingdom
Post Start Date:1 Aug 2017
Post End Date:
Strategy Lead Paddington, London
This is an exciting time in payments. Change is accelerating and the industry is transformed by new technologies, business models and regulation. The payments market is increasingly dynamic and presents significant opportunities for participants to grow and create new value. Visa is a global payments technology company in a unique position to bring innovations and shape the future of payments and commerce.
The Europe Corporate Strategy team is responsible for strategy development and coordination, enterprise-wide strategic projects and strategic intelligence. The team is expanding due to increased demand for strategic work in Visas European business. You will advise the European and Global leadership teams on strategic matters and drive strategic initiatives (new growth opportunities, responses to competitive moves or new regulation, etc). This new position reports to the head of strategy for Europe and is based in London.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver projects or major project work streams related to Visas corporate strategy or corporate initiatives from shaping to successful implementation
- Work closely with functional, regional and HQ management teams on strategic projects, bringing timely and useful insight and analytical support
- Monitor the evolution of the payments industry including competitive landscape, new technology developments and regulatory environment
- Structure and solve key business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues
- Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations. Ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment for recommendations
- Communicate recommendations to senior management in a clear, concise and impactful way
- Work with the Corporate Development team to shape and inform our approach to M&A and strategic partnerships to execute the corporate strategy
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent strategy development skills acquired in a leading strategy consultancy or in a strategy role for a corporate
- Track record of delivering strategic initiatives
- Experience in and/or exposure to the payments industry preferred
- Ability to deliver complex cross-enterprise projects with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to carry out sophisticated financial modelling
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior executives and external business partners
- Self-starter, results-focused, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic background
- Occasional travel (<10%) may be required from time to time.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visas sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fuelled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.