Student Recruitment Operations Manager – 12 month FTC
Reporting to the Senior Recruitment Operations Manager and Head of Student Recruitment, you will focus on the delivery of an excellent candidate experience to meet challenging service line student recruitment targets.
You will work as part of a large student recruitment team with the support of a shared service function that recruits a substantial number of graduates, undergraduates and apprentices across the UK.
In addition, you will be required to assume team management responsibilities such as counselling and coaching as well as line management of one or more recruitment advisors.
Your key responsibilities
You will have overall ownership of candidate pipelines for assigned service lines/business units. This will involve the
- Analysis and management of candidate flow to identify potential areas of concern and ensure KPI’s are being met or exceeded on an ongoing basis
- Working with the shared service centre to deliver an excellent candidate experience whilst maintaining efficient turnaround times and monitoring of pipelines
- Responsibility for the consistent application of SR strategy and process across the SR team
- Analysis (and preparation of) management information, presenting at meetings and feeding back to the senior SR manager and business managers as required
You will be responsible for effective management of aspects of the recruitment process, both through the HR Service Centre and the SR operations team, for example: candidate management system; assessment centres; interviewer and assessor training; post offer process; work permits; policies; continuous improvement.
Engagement with senior stakeholders is key to understand specific business needs and develop the student recruitment strategy. You will hold regular meetings with service line and business unit contacts to update on strategic direction; performance vs target to date and as well as deal with any internal issues that may arise
You will be required to travel as necessary within the UK to meet key contacts and build relationships with wider client serving teams
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong team player with positive personal impact
- Ability and experience of influencing and engaging senior stakeholders
- Able to work in a client driven environment and flex personal style or direction where needed
To qualify for the role you must have
- Proven ability to work autonomously and to high standards, able to take the lead on assigned projects using knowledge to achieve quality results
- Experience of leading and motivating others with an emphasis on coaching and counselling
- Significant recruitment experience, skills and knowledge (ideally student recruitment) and able to manage high volume candidate pipelines
- Thrive on working to high standards by exceeding targets and KPI’s in a fast-paced environment
- ·Proven ability to focus on continuous improvement and innovation
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ideally educated to Degree level or has relevant experience with ideally a qualification in Level A (Psychometric testing) and Level B (Personality questionnaires)
What we look for
We are looking for an experienced people manager who ideally has experience of working in student recruitment. You will have worked in a fast paced, high volume environment and be comfortable with facilitating the delivery of high quality candidate pipelines to business areas.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.