Technical Support Technician
Optoma Europe Limited, a leading manufacturer of projectors for business and home use is looking for a Technical Support Technician to join the busy Technical Services team based in Watford. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a dynamic, fast-moving electronics company who are at the forefront of innovation in Audio Visual technology.
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Installing and troubleshooting complex AV/data network installations
- Extensive experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting display devices – preferably projection
- Trouble shooting IP network control issues in complex corporate and education environments.
- Understanding of complex AV installations
- Technical knowledge of the following is essential:
- Experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting control systems (Crestron/AMX/Extron/Kramer/Control4 etc.)
- TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, simple routing, troubleshooting and cabling
- HDbaseT usage and trouble shooting
- RS232 control and trouble shooting
- AV signal distribution & related cabling
- Able to provide in-house training to technical support staff in UK, France, Germany, Nordics and the Netherlands
- To maintain a good working relationship with Customers and provide a helpful and professional service as required.
- Comfortable in a pressured customer facing environment
- Ability to work independently using own initiative
- The following qualifications would be an advantage:
- AV/Electronics/IT/Computer Science
- CTS, Crestron certification, AMX certification
- Able to travel abroad at short notice, typically for 1 – 3 days
- On Job training will be provided.
Optoma Europe Ltd
Optoma is a world leading designer and manufacturer of award-winning projectors for Business, Education, Professional Audio/Video and Home Entertainment, with comprehensive ranges to exceed the expectations of every user.
Optoma's innovative products are carefully crafted to deliver crystal clear images of unrivalled quality by incorporating the latest DLP® technology from Texas Instruments', together with advanced optical engineering expertise and dedication to superb product quality.
Optoma has a special approach to customer service. Full product and technical support are available through our extensive network of resellers and distributors. Where Optoma is different is that projector users can call us directly to discuss any concerns.
The Optoma Group has continental headquarters in Europe, the USA and Asia; whilst Optoma Europe Ltd, based in Watford, covers Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), delivering local services from regional offices in Germany, France and Norway.