1. How to write a jobs advert
The Grad Team is here to make the process easier, so here are some tips to attract the perfect candidate:
- Every candidate loves to easily identify what the role consist of, therefore focusing on a format that is easy to read and user friendly is key. This can be done by avoiding long sentences and focusing on bullet points.
- Don’t forget about the role! It is important to stay up to date with deadlines, expiration dates and start dates. The candidate needs to know if the dates suit him or if he can still apply before actually doing it.
- Don’t distract the candidate! Having links to the company website or any specific page which you might think will attract the student, will distract them and in a way stop the application process as their mind is then focused on something else.
- Need more support? Remember, The Grad Team is here to make your life easier. If you have any further questions or want to post your jobs today, get in touch at email@example.com
2. How to write a Grad E-blast
Don’t make it generic. Taylor it to your target audience. If the role changes, the format in the e-blast has to change as well. A generic statement can be seen as a spam and annoy candidates rather than make them interact with you. Be direct! Tell them what they get and what is relevant.
Have you heard of cognitive selling? Think of ways in which your e-mail will attract the perfect candidates from the first phrase or even the subject line. Make it simple, make it short, and don’t start writing large chucks of text as no student will read it. Use images, use bullet points and once again, make it simple.
3. How to attract an experienced candidate to a small organisation?
- With the current online trends, one way to increase your presence and get noticed is through social media channels. This is a cost effective way to get noticed and increase the chances of finding the perfect candidate. Not one day goes by without our audience checking their Facebook News, Twitter Feeds or Instagram posts. It is however important to learn the basics of the business side of it and how you can use these channels at their full potential to reach your audience.
- Have a presence where they can see you. Putting the digital channels aside, why not have a presence on campus. From schools to universities, they both offer career fairs and support for their students, therefore getting involved and being present will benefit you as it will allow you to communicate with them directly.
- Be different. This applies to both online and offline. Apart from having a presence on both, it is important that you stand out from the crowd. Get creative! Start looking for ways that attract students from something as simple as an image or a video. This will initiate the students to interact with your brand, purely due to the creative touch.
4. How to choose the best package
5. How to choose the right audience for your campaign
For example, adding certain skills, or education degree information in the Job Spec will allow you to receive applications only from your desired audience.
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org